Thursday, March 27, 2008

Art of the Start

I just watched the video of Guy Kawasaki's presentation on entrepreneurship: The Art of the Start. It is so energizing; I ought to watch it every morning; I take something new from it every time I watch it. I recently met an entrepreneur, Angela Maiers, who is trying to change the world of education. A good buddy and blog meister, Mike Sansone, introduced us. I am meeting with Angela soon to explore ways that we can collaborate. When I first met her I actually scoffed when she said her target was kindergarten to adult ed. But, upon reflection and after I finally shut up, it occurred to me: "Why not?" We all know we can do a better job in educating our children; I have learned through going back to school at age 48 and as an adjunct instructor that we can do a better job promoting and facilitating life-long learning. Guy's blog is titled "How to Change the World." And I say to you: "Why not?"

1 comment:

Angela Maiers said...

Tom, what a great video!Think about what the world would be like, if we all started our day asking these questions:

- What do I want to change about the world?
-How is what I am doing working towards that?
-What else can/could I do to make the change happen.

No one says it better than Ghandi: Be the change you want to see!

Thanks for the inspiration and support, now go get busy and get started!